CrisisFit® is a military-inspired risk and crisis leadership programme. It builds enduring skill and confidence and contributes to personal development.
Being crisis fit needs regular training, coaching, and exercise to build fitness and resilience. This is our core principle, based on military training doctrine: preparing delegates to always be CrisisFit® and to manage the worst.
CrisisFit® is available in several flexible learning options, all currently delivered in-person only:
- Classic CrisisFit®: A fully inclusive 12-week part-time course that uniquely combines classroom learning, coaching, and mentoring.
- Intense CrisisFit®: A four-day intensive ‘bootcamp’ course.
- Customised CrisisFit®: Programmes and exercises customised to client needs.
- Select CrisisFit®: Courses within the programme can be selected and taken individually.
- Specialist CrisisFit®: Several additional pre and post-programme specialised courses.
The CrisisFit® programme is designed and delivered by experienced specialists who understand risk, and who know how to respond and how to manage situations when under intense pressure.
All CrisisFit® trainers are practising risk advisors, crisis responders, leadership experts, and psychologists. Most are ex-miliary and combine their lifelong crisis and leadership skills with solid corporate, government and wider client experience.
The CrisisFit® framework
Central to the programme is the CrisisFit® framework which illustrates that behaviour and relationships are pivotal to leading successful outcomes when presented with seriously challenging situations or events. CrisisFit® builds on developing skills and confidence in the areas of strategy, operations, and influence:
The Classic CrisisFit® programme
The Classic CrisisFit® programme spans 12 weeks and combines traditional classroom learning with discussion and scenario exercises, mentoring and advisory:
The Classic CrisisFit® programme has between 8 and 12 participants to ensure a high level of attention, interactivity, experience sharing, and engagement with programme directors, Sheena Thomson and Mark Harris overseeing all programmes.
What’s included over 12 weeks:
Class 1 – one day: Risk Management in the Moment
- Understanding how to use risk management effectively ‘in the moment’
- Guidance on leading and building better risk awareness
- Instruction on recognising complex, multiple and inter-dependent risks in a dynamic setting
Class 2 – one day: Core Issue and Crisis Management Principles and Practice
- Understanding the link between issue management and potential crisis
- Increased awareness of how crisis communications support the crisis response
- Expert tips on instilling a crisis awareness culture within an organisation
Class 3 – one day: Core Crisis Communications
- Understanding the relationship between risk management, escalation of issues, crisis management and crisis communications
- Developing a good risk culture, mitigation, and integrated relationships to help manage an issue before it becomes a crisis
- Recognising the benefits and advantages of communications in a crisis, and how to leverage this
Final day – one day: Fully immersive crisis simulation exercise
Four 1:1 one hour mentoring sessions taken across the programme
One-day follow-up CrisisFit® fitness check after 12 months
The Classic CrisisFit® programme is fully accredited with 40 CPD points.
The Intense CrisisFit® Programme
The intense CrisisFit® ‘Bootcamp-style’ programme is run over four consecutive days and combines traditional classroom learning with discussion, scenario exercises and advisory. It is a more condensed and lighter version of the CrisisFit® programme.
What’s included over four days:
- Day 1: Risk Management in the Moment, as above
- Day 2: Core Issue and Crisis Management Principles and Practice, as above
- Day3: Core Crisis Communications, as above
- Final day: One day fully immersive crisis simulation exercise
- One 1:1 mentoring session across the programme
Additional mentoring sessions and annual CrisisFit® fitness check-ups are optional extras.
The Intense CrisisFit® programme is expected to be accredited with 30 CPD points
The following unbundled elements of CrisisFit® programme can be selected and purchased individually:
- Risk Management in the Moment (†)
- Core Issue and Crisis Management Principles and Practice (†)
- Core Crisis Communications (†)
- 1:1 mentoring packages
- Annual CrisisFit® fitness check-ups
- Ad hoc or retained support
(†) Risk Management in the Moment, (†) Core Issue and Crisis Management Principles and Practice and (†) Core Crisis Communications are expected to be accredited with 8 CPD points each early 2023.
Customised CrisisFit® programmes
All our programmes can be fully customised to our client needs and challenges. We have a wide network of associates from several sectors and geographical experience to match our client requirements.
Specialist CrisisFit® courses
Risk Management Today
This one-day course draws out the natural linkages between risk, strategy, and culture in a practical and interactive way. It enables participants to fully understand risk and organisational resilience in a strategic context and its vital role in crisis management.
The Risk Management Today course is fully accredited with 8 CPD points.
Media Handling and Hostility
This one-day course is for leaders, spokespersons, subject matter experts, or anyone who has the responsibility or the likelihood of speaking to the media during a crisis. This masterclass is delivered by Sheena Thomson, a former RN, NATO and EU spokesperson, assisted by former international correspondents.
The Media Handling and Hostility course is fully accredited with 5 CPD points.
Emotional Intelligence for Crisis and Issues Management
This two-day course is for anyone who wants to explore the psychology of emotion and its influence on human behaviour and decision-making, identifying the impact of our emotional responses and those stakeholders who ultimately determine reputation and long-term business impact. This course is delivered by Dr Adrian Britten, a chartered psychologist and behaviour change expert.
Empowering Diversity to Lead in a Crisis
Anyone can be at the forefront of managing a crisis and can offer a valued contribution to resolving issues and managing a successful outcome. Yet diversity can present additional challenges and barriers when being heard matters most.
This two or three day course will explore these themes and challenges, examine them in the risk and crisis management context, and look at how to contribute or lead with confidence.